Saturday, March 13, 2010

Filtros, Clinica, y La Playa!!

Todays update...we went to San Antonio Palopo to install some filters, or filtros. The families were great, but we had trouble getting the lid to close on the bottom half of the filter. Jorge gets in at 10 tonight so we will ask him what the trick to it is. My spanish is much better today than it was yesterday. It still needs a TON of work though!! Please pray that I will be able to learn a lot while I am here. Some of us even started learning some Kakchiquel today! (a Mayan language spoken in the towns around lake Atitlan) On our way back to Panajachel we stopped in Patanatic, the town where our school is helping to build a clinic by raising the money for the materials. We had heard the construction started already, but I guess they are waiting on the plans to be finalized. The people of Patanatic will be the ones building it so that they can have a sense of pride in it as well. It was really neat to see the place where it will be! When we got back to Panajachel we had lunch (yum!!!!) and got to go to la playa (the beach) of the lake. There are a gazillion shops between our hotel and there. Everything is oober colorful and they have a little bit of everything. A la playa I ran into Andrew Miller, a guy I went to high school with. I found out yesterday that he was in Guatemala City, but I had no idea they would be coming here! Way cool to see someone from Berean. Kinda crazy, too! haha. Dinner time...keep praying that God would give us opportunities to share His gospel and that He would teach us all muchooooo while we are here. I want this to be a trip that we dont just forget about once we go home. I would love for it to impact our lives and actually change the way we live somehow. Thanks for all your prayers!!

Amor y besos!!

2 comments:

  1. You can't go anywhere...even to another country without running into someone you know can you! :)
    Praying for you all.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha es verdad!! Oh well! Love you! Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete